With our 2019 Legislative Day of Action, we focus on no longer having our progress deferred. Through discussion we will spotlight the power in united advocacy & lobbying as a community, strengthening our future by making education a priority again and how we can reform a system that has repeatedly delayed our progress in criminal justice.
Following our panels and keynote, there will be an opportunity to lobby with your state rep for issues important to you.
DAY OF ACTION AGENDA
- 9 a.m. | Registration, Light Refreshments Provided
- 10 a.m. | Welcome
- 10:15 – 11 a.m. | How To Lobby
- 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. | Education Panel & Criminal Justice Panel (choose 1)
- 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. | Keynote
- 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. | Meet with State Representative or State Senator (Optional)
P.S. If you haven’t filled out our survey on the State of Black Ohio, please help us by taking the time to complete it now, so that we can make sure we have a legislative agenda set that represents the issues that are most important to you this year!